Eau et Vie aims to IMPROVE LIVING CONDITIONS FOR FAMILIES living in slums of developing countries, through the connection of houses to water network, sanitation trainings and services, waste management and fire-fighting.These activities contribute to:
- Reduce water-related diseases or diseases caused by unhealthy environment;
- Create employment;
- Reduce risk situations in slums (fires, violence, assaults...);
- Improve slum residents’ self-esteem.
Our innovative approach
Based on SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP, Eau et Vie supports the creation of local social businesses involved in water distribution and operating in urban depressed areas, where official distributors cannot meet their profitability standards. Simultaneously, a LOCAL ORGANISATION is created by Eau et Vie, to enhance community building and implement fire-fighting, sanitation and waste management services.
EAU ET VIE STRATEGIC PLAN is divided into 4 phases covering a 5 to 7 years period:
- Provide access to potable running water to families and install fire hydrants managed by trained volunteers from district community.
- Train the communities and local leaders in water management, fire-fighting and fire prevention, environment conservation and hygiene.
- Install collective sanitation facilities (latrines and sewerage) and waste management.
- Build on, assess and measure the impact of these actions on residents’ living conditions.
Countries of intervention
Today, Eau et Vie works in Philippines and Bangladesh slums and is starting a project in Ivory Coast.